Port of LA "Peel Off" Program to expedite container moves
The Port of Los Angeles announced this week that it has teamed up with TTSI, stevedoring company The Pasha Group, several marine container terminal operators, and a core group of major retailers to create a program that expedites cargo by streamlining container moves. The program was initiated to clear the current backlog of containers and improve the flow of cargo going forward.
“The trucks are doing exactly what everyone needs them to do — make more turns every day,” said TTSI President and CEO Vic La Rosa. “This single step eliminates multiple inefficient moves so cargo flows faster and more reliably.”
The program is geared for high volume shippers but will benefit all customers:
- 17 acre staging ground "Peel Off" yard - Located less than a mile from the port, it can stage up to 500 containers, and as demand grows it will operate 24/7 and accommodate up to 650 containers.
- Fast truck turn around times - terminals expedite TTSI trucks, and off-peak hours are utilized.
- TTSI leased 250 chassis to ensure containers are on wheels and ready to deliver in less than 48 hours.
- Clean air benefits - reduces truck trips, gate waits and idling. All trucks subject to Clean Truck requirements.
- Bringing partners together - Pursing new strategies with the Port of Long Beach to achieve great supply chain efficiencies.
For more information about "Peel Off" yard workflow and other details, read the full article here:
Additional articles on this story are